Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Not A Hellen Keller Impression

Here's a little story to hold you over until my next lengthy post. I've only got 20 minutes until Psychology, so I'll try to make this quick.

Yesterday in Intro to Music, the most amazing thing happened. If you've talked to me recently, you'll know that I hate that class because of how incredibly boring it is, but yesterday's class was completely worth it. My teacher in that class is really nice, but he's also not all there. Anyway, he had been teaching us for about 20 minutes, when out of nowhere he started yelling at the entire class for no reason. He said, "It is impossible to do two things at once, and if you are currently doing more than one thing right now, that means you're not paying attention to ME! Now take off your headphones! NOW!"

Well, no one moved, because no one was actually wearing headphones, so everything was all quiet and awkward for a bit.

My teacher was breathing heavily now, and for a moment I thought he was looking at me, so I checked if I was wearing headphones just to be sure. I wasn't. Then my teacher yelled again. "I said to take off the headphones NOW!" And he pointed at a guy sitting in the fourth row.

The guy pointed at himself with a confused expression on his face and my teacher said, "Yeah, you" all sarcastically. Then the guy reached up to is ear and pulled out a wire. He said, "This is a hearing aid. I'm deaf." And the room got really quiet. It was one of those awkward moments where all you can think to to is laugh, but I didn't think that would be appropriate, so I had to bite the insides of my cheeks.

My teacher looked really embarrassed and said, "Oh, well... Hearing aids are okay. Just... No headphones! Haha." Then he looked directly at the guy with the hearing aid and whispered loudly, "I'm sorry!" and it was really awkward.

That's the end of this story. I want to try to post a picture with every blog I post, but I didn't get a very good one of my music room, so you might not really be able to see anything at all. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment