Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trapped in Chattanooga

This is the first weekend I've spent in Chattanooga in a LONG time, and there is a reason for that: There is absolutely nothing to do. Seriously, the one thing UTC students do for fun on the weekend is go home. Which is why I always choose to go home. Well, I didn't go home this weekend. But not by choice.

It's Emily and Delaney's fault. I blame them completely. They both went home this weekend, and failed to take me with them. Delaney went home without even telling me, so I never even had the chance to ask her for a ride. Emily, on the other hand, DID inform me that she was going home. So I asked her if I could get a ride with her. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Are you doing anything exciting this weekend? (Note: This was a sarcastic question. I didn't genuinely care.)

Emily: Oh, I'm actually going home.

(My spirits lifted. I was going to get to go home!)

Me: Oh, can I ride with you?

(Emily did this facial expression thing where she sort of looked apologetic but really on the inside I knew she wasn't sorry and was kind of enjoying the fact that she could make me miserable.)

Emily: Er, noooo.

Me: Wait, really?

Emily: Yeahhh, sorry.

Me: Um, why?

Emily: Erm, because I'm really looking forward to driving home on my own. I get to sing along to my songs when I'm alone.

Me: Well it sure didn't stop you from singing when I rode with you last time.

Emily: Blah blah blah blah blah.

Anyway, the short and short of it all is that no one would take me home, even though I pay for gas when they do! People can just be horrible at times. And I'm trapped. Stuck. Held hostage. Bored out of my mind.

The End.

Six Weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment