Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Asian Invasion: A Korean Obsession

Some of you may know this about me, others may not. I currently have an addiction/obsession (fit for Todd. Hello Rajuju!) that has brought my level of patheticness to new heights. It's called K-Pop. For those of you that are a bit slower than most, that's Korean Pop. As in pop music.

I first heard about K-Pop from a music blog that I go to a lot, and when I first saw it I was like, "This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen." But then I saw more and more posts about it, and I slowly became addicted.

There are about a million pop groups in Korea, and I could list them all for you, but lets be honest:

2NE1 is the only one that matters.


2NE1 (Pronounced 21 or To Anyone) consists of four band members. They are (from left to right): Bom, CL, Dara, and Minzy.

I get the feeling you still don't quite understand just how amazing they are. Just know this: They actually sing live, which is more than can be said for most American pop stars, and they are crazy good performers. This is not a joke. If you still don't believe me, just watch this video of them performing their song "I Am The Best, " which is one of my favorites of theirs. And be sure to watch out for Dara and CL, cause they are my favorites!


See!? Was that not amazing?! I could post about 100 more performances just as amazing as this, but I seriously doubt you'd watch them all.

However, as a parting gift, I will leave you with this. It's a video of the group practicing their "I Am The Best" performance, and it's filmed with just one camera, so you get a better look at the dance moves.


You're welcome.

1 comment: