Tuesday, September 27, 2011

First Exam

I had my very first college exam yesterday, and I can honestly say that I had never been more scared of a test in my entire life. It was in Psychology, which is my hardest subject to begin with, so I knew it was going to be a doozie. But to top it all off, it's worth 33.33333 etc. of my grade, so if I wasn't nervous enough already, I just had that much added pressure.

I normally wake up at 7:30 every morning, but for some reason I woke up at 6 yesterday. I think it was my conscience or something telling me that I needed to study, because form the moment I woke up I had this empty pit I'm my stomach. So I got out of bed bright and early (although I guess bright isn't really the right word to use, considering the sun hadn't even risen yet) and crammed my head full of as much information as it could take.

At about 8 I finally left my room and went to get my morning routine of a chicken biscuit. My hands were shaking so much that it was hard to get the food into my mouth.

I had another class before psychology, so after eating brekkie I went on to sociology. We spent the class discussing meditation, and how some people find that meditating before a test helps them remember stuff. So when the class got out 20 minutes early, I made my way right back to my room and YouTubed "how to meditate."

I made it through the deep breathing, but when the instructor told me to close my eyes and let the golden light surround my soul, I couldn't take it anymore. So instead I just studied some more.

Thirty minutes before the exam I finally left my room and made my way toward the class. I only made it out of my building and down the street when I realized I had forgotten the most important thing. I sprinted back into Stophel and up to my room, and grabbed a pair of headphones. Then I was on my way again.

I put the headphones into my iPhone and put it on "Higher" by The Saturdays. I learned a few months ago that that is my lucky song, and any time I listen to it before a test or a presentation, it always makes me do better. So I wasn't about to test the theory now.

I made sure to jump over the big stone school crest thing in the middle of campus too, otherwise I would have had to turn around again and go touch the statue in the library to reverse the curse.

But I finally made my way into the waiting room and sat down on the floor to study just a little bit more. That wasn't really possible though, because I was too distracted by the girl next to me, who was actually looking over her notes and CRYING. I'm not joking.

But then I went in to take the test, and then it was all over.

And the world seemed happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment